To view the powerpoint presentation slides, please click here.
To view the speaker biographical sketches, please click here.
To download the certificate of attendance, please click here.
Health and safety impacts every workplace. Regardless of what industry you work in, every business is subject to workplace health and safety laws which set the standard for securing the health, safety and welfare of employees and others who may be affected by the business’ activities. In relatively recent times, the regulation of workplace health and safety has increased significantly across Asia Pacific and continues to evolve.
“Trends in Workplace Health and Safety” will involve experienced legal Counsel from Asia Pacific explaining the key legal requirements with respect to health and safety in each jurisdiction, and some of the recent changes and trends they have seen in the area, including:
- The rise in penalties for health and safety contraventions and serious prosecutions (Category 1 offences) in Australia.
- The increased use of Enforceable Undertakings and the need for business to focus on critical risk in New Zealand.
- Authority’s attitude to implementing workplace health and safety laws, and potential liability for employers with respect to occupational stress, in Hong Kong.
- The increase in mental health issues in the workplace and the implementation of wellbeing programs in Malaysia.
- Changes to directors’ liability under health and safety legislation in India.
- The proposed amendments to health and safety laws in Singapore.
Who Should Attend?
The webinar is an invitation-only event exclusively for clients of ELA member law firms. The information presented will be of particular interest to:
- In-house Counsel
- Human Resources Professionals
- Health and Safety Professionals
- Corporate Executives and Business Owners
Chief Operating Officer
Employment Law Alliance
Corrs Chambers Westgarth
Auckland, New Zealand
Shearn Delamore & Co.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Hong Kong, China