NOTE: If you want to listen to or view the contents of this webinar, you must register on the ELA website here or, if you have previously created an account, log in using the link in the top right. After your account is created, you will have access to all past webinars.
Click here for the power point slides
Click here for the webinar Certificate of Attendance
Employers and employees alike are facing myriad challenges at their work places with regard to remuneration and benefits. For employers with operations across the globe, the challenges are even greater as they work to comply with local laws regardless of where their employees are located. This webinar features experienced lawyers from Africa and the Middle East, who will examine the differences among jurisdictional laws and offer practical insight, guidance, and best practices into how employers can address the following key issues:
- To what extent are employers bound to honour fixed bonuses and other emoluments, especially when they are not satisfied with an employee’s performance?
- Should a director accept such bonuses when the company is in financial strain?
- •What is the effect of receivership on employees?
- In the International Arena, to what extent can an employer claim diplomatic immunity in a labour law situation?
- Is it discrimination to offer expats different benefits from those accorded to local employees?
- Sonal Sejpal, Moderator, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi, Kenya
- Ben Brown, Clyde & Co., Dubai, UAE
- Mary Ekemezie, Udo Udoma & Belo-Osagie, Lagos, Nigeria
- Rosa Nduati-Mutero, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi, Kenya
- Mohamed Oulkhouir, CWA Morocco, Casablanca, Morocco
- Isaac Walukagga, MMAKS Advocates, Kampala, Uganda