In just over twenty-five years, Maynard Cooper has emerged as one of the Southeast's leading firms, offering services encompassing nearly the entire spectrum of legal practice. Maynard Cooper regularly represents clients in litigation and regulatory matters across the country. We also serve as regional counsel for a number of Fortune 500 companies throughout the Southeast.
Maynard Cooper serves a variety of local, national and international business entities, as well as charities and individuals. Our services include litigation, corporate law, banking and commercial law, real estate law, antitrust, public finance, estates and trusts, governmental affairs and relations, taxation, intellectual property, health care, securities law, labor law, environmental law, bankruptcy law and white collar criminal defense.
Firm rankings and awards include:
- Chambers USA, 2012, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business - Twenty-two attorneys are listed as leaders in their areas of practice. Maynard Cooper was also recognized as a leading law firm in Alabama in all six rated categories: Banking & Finance, Corporate/Commercial, Employment, Litigation, Bankruptcy/Restructuring and Real Estate.
- Best Lawyers in America® 2012 – Maynard Cooper has sixty-seven lawyers noted for their legal excellence in their areas of practice. In addition, seven of these lawyers were named "Birmingham Lawyer of the Year" for their respective practice areas.
- Alabama Super Lawyers® 2012 – Maynard Cooper has ninety-three lawyers recognized as leading lawyers in their areas of practice. Of these ninety-three attorneys, ten are included in the Top 50 list of those receiving the highest point totals in Alabama. In addition, seven attorneys made the list of the Top 25 women receiving the highest point totals in Alabama.
- U.S. News & World Report and The Best Lawyers in America – In a recent survey, Maynard Cooper had eleven practice areas receive national rankings, including Banking and Finance Law, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Corporate Law, Employment Law (Management), General Commercial Litigation, Insurance Law, Labor Law (Management), Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Private Funds/Hedge Funds Law, Project Finance Law, and Venture Capital Law. In addition, twenty-nine of the firm’s practice areas received Metropolitan rankings, including Antitrust Law, Banking and Finance Law, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Corporate Law, Criminal Defense: White Collar, Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, Employment Law (Management), Energy Law, Environmental Law, General Commercial Litigation, Government Relations Practice, Health Care Law, Insurance Law, Labor Law (Management), Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions (Defendants), Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Natural Resources Law, Non-Profit/Charities Law, Private Equity Law, Private Funds/Hedge Funds Law, Product Liability Litigation (Defendants), Project Finance Law, Public Finance Law, Real Estate Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law, Tax Law, Trusts and Estates Law, Venture Capital Law, and Workers' Compensation Law (Employers).
- Corporate Counsel Magazine – In a recent survey of the Top 500 U.S. Companies, Maynard Cooper was chosen as a “Go-To” Law Firm® in the areas of Litigation and Labor and Employment. The firm was also listed as primary outside counsel for the largest insurer in America.