David is a highly motivated, ambitious Lawyer (Advocate) who strives for excellence in his work and enthusiastically encourages and support others through team-work to achieve/accomplish common objectives to the best extent possible.
He is a business law practitioner with specialization in corporate and commercial law practice, contracts, banking law and finance, securities, investment, tax, Intellectual property prosecution and enforcement, employment, and debt recovery.
His experience includes assisting local and international clients, local and multinational companies in Merger & Acquisition transactions, corporate and projects financing through syndicated loans or other financing arrangements. He is involved in conducting legal due diligence and legal audit as well as advising in investment deals including private equity and other investment vehicles or structures.
He assists with incorporation of companies, corporate governance and regulatory compliance, restructuring and insolvency management. He also provides company secretarial services and sits on boards of directors.
He advises local and foreign clients (tax residents and non-residents) on tax compliance and advises on labour law compliance and labour/employment dispute resolution.
David assists or represents clients in court proceedings (litigation) and alternative dispute resolution (ADR) such as arbitration, conciliation, mediation and negotiation.
- LLM in Business Law in progress
- LLB, (First Class Honours), Kigali Independent University
- Diploma in Legal Practice (DLP), Institute of Legal Practice and Development (ILPD)
- Certificate for the Advocates’ Profession/Certificat d’Aptitude à la Profession d’Avocat (CAPA), Rwanda Bar Association
- Specialization Certificate of Merit: Corporate Law and Insolvency Management Practices, ILPD
- Certificate, Police and Law Enforcement for Rwanda, Shandong Police College, P.R. China
- LLM in Business law in progress
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Member of the Rwanda Bar Association
- Member of the East Africa Law Society
- Member of the East Africa Law Society (EALS) Young Lawyers Organizing Committee
2020 – DATE Senior Associate at K-Solutions & Partners
2015 – 2020 Associate at K-Solutions & Partners
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Corporate Law
- Labour and Immigration law
- Commercial law
- Banking and Finance Law
- Securities (Capital market)
- Tax Law
- Employment Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Energy and Infrastructure
- Regulatory compliance
- Insolvency Law
- Litigation and ADR
- General Business Law