Members of the Employment Law Alliance are co-presenting "A Global Perspective on Preventing Employee Data Theft and Trade Secret Misappropriation" on Thursday, October 30 from 4:30-6:00 p.m. at the 2014 Association of Corporate Counsel Annual Meeting in New Orleans.
According to a recent survey, approximately 60 percent of employees remove confidential information from their employers upon termination. This session will examine various steps that employers can take to reduce the likelihood that employees will misappropriate confidential and… read more proprietary information, including implementing protective policies and protocols. Learn tips on investigating trade secret theft and get a pre-litigation checklist for prosecuting employees who wrongfully access and remove such information. Panelists include in-house counsel and investigators from major multinational organizations who will share preventive, proactive steps that companies can take, including noncompete agreements and unfair competition.
- Scott Holt, Lawyer, Employment Law Alliance - Young Conaway Stargatt & Taylor, LLP
- Cally Kothmann, Litigation Counsel, Kinetic Concepts, Inc.
David Morgan, Partner, Employment Law Alliance - Burness Paull LLP
- Sivabalah Nadarajah, Lawyer, Employment Law Alliance - Shearn Delamore & Co.
- Cheryl Solomon, Chief Legal Officer, TOMS Shoes Inc.
- Cathy Testa, Corporate Counsel, W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
To learn more about "A Global Perspective on Preventing Employee Data Theft and Trade Secret Misappropriation," and to register for the 2014 ACC Annual Meeting (taking place October 28-31), please visit --http://www.acc.com/education/am14/index.cfm.