Julien is the Founder & Senior Partner of K-Solutions & Partners in Kigali, Rwanda. He has been practicing at the Brussels Bar Association before joining the Rwanda Bar Association in 2005.
Julien is the current President of the Rwanda Bar Association. He is also Vice Chairman of the Kigali International Arbitration Center, Board member of the East African Law Society, Resident Director of New Bugarama Mining Company Ltd, Board member of Bank of Kigali and recently appointed Board member of Rwanda Finance Ltd
Julien has over sixteen years of experience in real estate and infrastructure, real estate and construction, Mining Law and Banking law. His practice covers corporate and commercial law inclusive of mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, privatization, banking and finance, project finance, capital markets, arbitration, energy and natural resources, and infrastructure law.
Julien is also actively involved in a number of environmental and ecological issues in the local community.
- Erasmus: specialization course in corporate governance (Faculty of Law Wolverhampton University (UK))
- Masters of Law (LL.M), Catholic University of Louvain (Belgium)
- Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice - ILPD
- Bar Professional Training Certificate(CAPA), Brussels Bar Association
- Master Class Turnaround Management
- KIAC – KLRCA Certified in Adjudication
- CEDR Accredited Mediator
- CIArb Certificate, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Insolvency Administration Certificate, ORG - RDB
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Member of the Rwanda Bar Association/RBA President of Rwanda Bar Association (2015-2021)
- Vice- Chairman of Kigali International Arbitration Center
- Vice-Chairman Rwanda Insolvency Administrator Board
- Board Member of Rwanda Finance Limited
- Board Member of Bank of Kigali
- President of Rotary Club Kigali Mont Jali (2011-2013)
- Board Member of Starbucks Farmer Support Center Rwanda Ltd
- Board Member of New Bugarama Mining Company
- Certified Advocate of Rwanda Bar Association (www.rwandabar.org.rw)
- Certified Advocate of East African Law Society (www.ealawsociety.org )
2015 – DATE President of the Rwanda Bar Association
2007– DATE Senior Partner, K-Solutions & Partners (Corporate law firm in Rwanda)
2004–2007 Senior Associate, De Wolf & Partners (Corporate law firm I Belgium)
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Corporate and Commercial legal practice
- Real estate and construction
- Insurance, Banking and Finance, Project finance
- Intellectual property
- Immigration and employment law
- Negotiation and Mediation Practice
- Adjudication, Arbitration and Litigation practice
- Securities law and insolvency
- Business Organization and Joint Venture
- Capital market.
- Private Notary Practice.