Leigh is known nationally for her experience in immigration for educational institutions. She has extensive experience with employment-based immigration matters and advises on immigration compliance, best practices, audits and self-audits, applications for immigration benefits and international student and scholar services for institutions, nonprofits and NGOs, and businesses.
More specifically, Leigh advises clients on such issues as:
- Best practices in immigration compliance.
- Employment-based immigration status
- I-9 self-audits - are your I-9 records as compliant as you think they are?
- Ongoing support for immigration questions that arise at your organization.
- Immigration sponsorship opportunities for international personnel.
- Legal support for International Student and Scholar Services at schools.
She works with general counsels, executives and investors, human resources directors, international education advisors, recruiters and others responsible for immigration compliance for institutions, organizations and businesses.
Leigh is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA) and NAFSA: Association of International Educators. She is a frequent speaker and author on immigration topics and has served as a senior editor of AILA’s Immigration and Nationality Law Handbook.