As a shareholder in the Employment Law practice group, Holly Griffin Goodman focuses her practice on counseling clients, from small businesses to large institutions, in everyday employment matters. Starting with the hiring process through discipline and termination, Holly’s goal is to help businesses manage their employees, and balance the interests of the business with obligations under federal, state, and local employment laws.
With clients from industries across the spectrum including insurance, telecommunications, healthcare, and hospitality, Holly’s depth and breadth of experience includes:
- Internal investigations into allegations of discrimination or harassment
- Defense of claims before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Florida Commission on Human Relations, or local agency
- Defense of litigation in state in federal court for claims of discrimination or retaliation
- Advice on hiring, disciplining or firing employees
- Advice on navigating laws related to requests for leave, including under the FMLA, ADA, and Florida Civil Rights Act
- Advice on navigating requests for accommodations under the ADA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, or Florida Civil Rights Act
- Negotiation of amicable separations for departing employees
- Preparation of agreements including: employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, separation agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and non-compete or non-solicitation agreements
- Execution of wage and hour audits
- Defense of wage and hour claims
Holly strives to consider each issue from all angles before giving advice or reacting in litigation. She is dedicated to being responsive and thorough, and focused on delivering robust advice to clients as they navigate their most challenging employee affairs.