Nancy F. Barteaux, Q.C. is founder and Managing Partner of Barteaux Labour and Employment Lawyers. She enjoys a substantial practice in labour and employment law, representing employers from a broad range of business sectors and industries. Areas of practice include: labour and employment, human rights and administrative law, and general litigation.
Known for providing proactive, strategic and timely advice, Nancy has earned a solid reputation across Atlantic Canada with both clients and peers. She has extensive experience as chief negotiator in collective bargaining. She's established a strong record representing employers in grievance arbitration, before administrative tribunals and before courts of law, including:
- Workers' Compensation Appeal Tribunal
- Labour Relations Board
- Labour Standards Tribunal
- Supreme Court of Nova Scotia
- Nova Scotia Court of Appeal
- Supreme Court of Canada
Recognition from peers is a testament to Nancy's comprehensive knowledge in her field, her abilities and her integrity:
- Best Lawyers®: The Best Labour and Employment Lawyers in Canada 2018-2019
- Best Lawyers®: Lawyer of the Year for Administrative and Public Law, Halifax, NS, 2019-2020.
- Canadian Lawyer Magazine: Top 10 Labour & Employment Boutiques in Canada, 2018-19
- Canadian HR Awards: Finalist, Best Labour and Employment Lawyer in a practice, 2018
Nancy is a frequent writer and speaker on labour and employment related issues. She is past Chair of the Nova Scotia Labour & Employment Law Section of the Canadian Bar Association.