Ms. Anderson represents publicly traded and private companies in a variety of industries, including banking, financial services, and health care. She has particular experience advising and defending energy clients, including oil and gas drilling and production-related services companies.
Ms. Anderson also defends employers and management before state and federal administrative bodies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and U.S. Department of Labor (DOL). She serves as lead counsel in the arbitration and litigation of labor and employment disputes at the trial and appeal levels under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and similar state and federal laws governing employment discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. Her litigation experience also includes representing employers in breach of contract, non-competition, non-solicitation, and employment-related tort claims.
Ms. Anderson regularly counsels clients on compliance with labor and employment laws and on the development and administration of sound policies and practices to minimize disputes and litigation. She drafts and enforces non-competition and non-solicitation agreements and provides day-to-day advice regarding the handling of personnel matters. She provides customized employer training programs to educate business leaders, human resources professionals, and managers on legal considerations and best practices, and speaks and writes publicly on many aspects of labor and employment law.
Professional Honors & Activities
- Listed since 2007 in Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers in the area of Labor & Employment
- Listed since 2009 in Louisiana Super Lawyers, Employment & Labor
- AV ® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® in the areas of Employment Law – Management and Labor Law – Management (2019)
- Co-editor – Louisiana Employment Law Letter, Employers Counsel Network
- Member – Louisiana State Bar Association
- Member – State Bar of Texas