Both the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) have undergone significant changes recently as a result of new legislative and regulatory developments. These changes will have a major impact on employers and how they address and document requests for accommodation under the ADA and leave under the FMLA. This 90-minute webinar will provide you with practical information on how these changes will affect your company and what you need to do to ensure that you are in compliance.
Presenters include seasoned employment lawyers from law firms affiliated with the Employment Law Alliance (ELA). Their presentations will focus on:
- New guidance on military and non-military leaves under the FMLA
- The ADA: what was the law and what is it now?
- ADA training and other preventive measures that employers need to take
- Visa and Residency requirements and
- How litigation under the ADA Amendment Act will be different, and the interplay between litigation and training.
The link for the new FMLA forms is: www/dol.gov/esa/whd/fmla/finalrule.htm.
NOTE: If you want to listen to or view the contents of this webinar, you must register on the ELA website here or, if you have previously created an account, log in here. After your account is created, you will have access to all past webinars.