Gorvinder is an English-qualified senior employment lawyer in Addleshaw Goddard's Middle East offices, with relevant experience in contentious and non contentious employment matters both in the UK and since 2006, in the GCC.
She regularly advises multinational, blue chip and local companies across all sectors, in particular oil and gas, power and water, transportation, telecoms, education, and financial institutions. She also delivers training sessions and workshops to clients on various employment topics and has particular expertise in union legislation and industrial action.
In the 2015 Chambers Global guide to the legal profession, Gorvinder was recognised for her "excellent employment and HR practice" [and being] "knowledgeable, precise and responsive in her approach."
Her experience includes:
- Advising on the employment implications of organisational change, mergers and acquisitions
- Drafting and advising on senior executive contracts of employment, non-disclosure agreements, secondments, consultancy arrangements and provision of services agreements
- Drafting HR policies and employee handbooks, and advising on terms and conditions of employment, including leave entitlements, working hours, pay and related issues
- Advising on issues relating to grievances, disciplinary matters and termination of employment, conducting settlement negotiations, and drafting settlement agreements
- Advising clients on union issues and illegal industrial action during Oman's 2011 Arab Spring and subsequently, and drafting terms of reference between employers and unions, union constitutions, and collective agreements
- Advising on the enforceability of non-compete and non-solicitation clauses
- Conducting litigation in respect of a full range of employment disputes at mediation and before the local courts (all three tiers)
- Advising and assisting clients facing prosecution for employment visa violations and breaches of employment laws